+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record - Expiry date?

mitesh8746

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hello Friends,

I hope you are doing well.

I recently applied for a Visitor Visa stay/record extension for my in-law, and I received a notification today indicating that the application has been approved. Could you please clarify if this means my in-laws can stay for an additional 6 months from today?

Additionally, I see the date "2024/10/15" in the portal. Is this the new expiry date, or has the extension been approved for only a 1-month stay?

I'm looking forward to your guidance on this.

Best regards,
Mitesh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends,

I recently applied for a Visitor Visa stay/record extension for my in-law, and I received a notification today indicating that the application has been approved. Could you please clarify if this means my in-laws can stay for an additional 6 months from today?

Additionally, I see the date "2024/10/15" in the portal. Is this the new expiry date, or has the extension been approved for only a 1-month stay?

Best regards,
Mitesh
Given approval times they likely have been given much longer extension than 1 month but yes they have been approved to visit until October 15th.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Friends,

Best regards,
Mitesh
IRCC determines how long an extension is granted in each case individually. It sounds like your in law has been granted an extension until mid October.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada is trying to reduce the amount of temporary residents so the days of people getting longer visitor records may be over. This was fairly standard precovid but lengths got much more generous during the height of covid. Assume they may have visited for around a year which is already a very long visit.

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hey, Can you please share your timeline for visitor extension record? Also, quick question, once we apply online do we need to go anywhere physically for biometrics or medical exam?