+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor and PGWP and open work Permit

Lofiona

Mar 10, 2019
Hi guys so my wife’s study permit is up in July so does my open work permit she has applied for the PGWP
What I found out
So I will have no implied status because I will have to change my permit from worker to visitor
To keep status in Canada
Since she has not found a job yet in A 0 B NoC
and I will have to stop working .
What I Need to know
When she gets a A 0 B Noc job will I be eligible to apply for a open work from inside Canada because she holds this type of job and switch back open work permit from visitor

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys so my wife’s study permit is up in July so does my open work permit she has applied for the PGWP
What I found out
So I will have no implied status because I will have to change my permit from worker to visitor
To keep status in Canada
What I Need to know
When she gets a A 0 B Noc job will I be eligible to apply for a open work from inside Canada because she holds this type of job and switch back open work permit from visitor
Yes - once your wife finds a NOC A, B or 0 job, you will be able to apply for a new open work permit from inside of Canada. Once the OWP is approved, you will be able to start working again.

Jahan2304

Oct 22, 2023
What I found out
To keep status in Canada
What I Need to know
Did you get your new work permit from inside Canada. How you got your work permit paper? Through mail? What did you do. I am in same situation