+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting family in Canada and impact Asylum

ranjan_tdr

Apr 11, 2010
My wife and children have been living in Canada as refugee claimants for the past eight months, while I remain in my home country. I have a valid Canadian visitor visa and would like to visit them.
  1. Can I visit my family in Canada and then return to my home country?
  2. Could my visit have a negative impact on their asylum case in the future due to my visit?
  3. Would it be better for me to stay with them in Canada instead of returning to my home country?
  4. Is there any possibilities to cancel my visa after return to my home country?
Expert kindly advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife and children have been living in Canada as refugee claimants for the past eight months, while I remain in my home country. I have a valid Canadian visitor visa and would like to visit them.
  2. Could my visit have a negative impact on their asylum case in the future due to my visit?
  3. Would it be better for me to stay with them in Canada instead of returning to my home country?
  4. Is there any possibilities to cancel my visa after return to my home country?
Expert kindly advise.
1. Yes, possible provided your TRV has not been cancelled.
2. It could depending on their basis of claim. Remaining in your home county could also potentially negatively impact their claim. But again, that depends on the BOC so not possible to definitively answer this question.
3. Likely, but again, depends on the BOC.
4. Yes.

Reactions: ranjan_tdr

jundi zakir

Jul 9, 2024
Ethiopia
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
ካናዳ
NOC Code......
ካናዳ
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
15:7/2024
Doc's Request.
28:7:2024
Nomination.....
28/7/2024
AOR Received.
28/7/2024
IELTS Request
28/7/2,24
File Transfer...
15/8/2024
Med's Request
1/9/2024
Med's Done....
4/9/2024
Interview........
15/82024
Passport Req..
አለኝ
VISA ISSUED...
ካናዳ
LANDED..........
ካናዳ
ከነ ቤተሰቦቸ ወደ ካናዳ መሰደድና እዛዉ ሠኖር እፈልጋለዉ

Starboyy

Jun 14, 2021
Expert kindly advise.
Heard from someone who went from the similar situation.
His family were here and he visited them in Canada but their lawyer advised him if He goes back to home country his case going to impacted. Also depends on the BOC.

Reactions: ranjan_tdr

ranjan_tdr

Apr 11, 2010
Can I check the status of my Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in my GCKey account to see if it has been canceled or is still valid? Additionally, does IRCC send an email notification if they cancel the TRV? Thanks...