+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada for a wedding

Ivan Z.

Mar 31, 2009
Hi everyone,

I've searched some posts but i couldn't find any situation like mine. 2005 i was backpacking through Canada just having a good time with my friends (living of my savings) and I overstayed my visitor visa. Well, i also received a departure order which i kinda ignored i know-not the smartest thing to do. Several months later i packed up and left. Bought a ticket and boarded a plane, no questions asked at the airport, anywhere, anytime.
Now, 4 years later one of my buddies (that i use to party with lol) invited me for a big fat ass wedding (lots of food and to stay with him (and his wife and her girlfriends right on!!!) for a couple of weeks. Since i don't know that much about immigration policies i'm wondering if i could have some problems entering Canada after this, you know, like being stopped at the airport, interrogated and all that other bs.

Thanks
oh and meanwhile canada lifted visa for my country (if that really matters, i dunno
thanks

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Well 4 years have passes,Your blacklisting period has expired,Check with CBSA if you are still being banned from Canada

Ivan Z.

Mar 31, 2009
You want to say that i got banned? For sure? For how long? How do i find that out? So if i now just buy a ticket i would be stopped at the point of entry?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ivan Z. said:
You want to say that i got banned? For sure? For how long? How do i find that out? So if i now just buy a ticket i would be stopped at the point of entry?
1. You got a departure notice, you ignored it, it probably gave you 30 days to depart Canada? If you didn't depart, it became a deportation order and you are now banned for life. You cannot enter without the permission of the Minister.

10.4. Failure to comply with a departure order
If a person fails to depart by the applicable date, the departure order will automatically become a
deportation order under R224(2). In these cases, officers should:
• initiate a priority investigation;
• if the person is not located, issue a warrant under A55(1) for removal;
• initiate entry into the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC),
• arrest the person for removal;
• detain the person; and
• remove the person.
For further procedures on apprehension, arrest and detention, see ENF 7, section 15 and ENF

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Ok PMM Sorry I didnt know he would be jailed then deported,I thought it was just a 2 year ban same as misrepresentation