+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa

charmaine.ian

Jan 27, 2022
Is there a big chance of approval if this will be the situation. My fiance and I is planning to get married this Sept 2022. He's in the Philippines and I am in Canada as a Canadian Citizen. And we would like to have our honeymoon in Canada. And I would like him to fly with me back to Canada after the wedding. We cannot apply through visiting a family as we will start our application on July 2022 and we are not married yet. So the only option is too apply him as a tourist but is it possible that he could get a longer visa duration?

Reactions: Angienanti

charmaine.ian

Jan 27, 2022
I don't know what are the other option. I am thinking of applying as a tourist, then while he's in Canada we will apply for extension until we can process his paper for sponsorship. Thanks for the reply tho I appreciate it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there a big chance of approval if this will be the situation. My fiance and I is planning to get married this Sept 2022. He's in the Philippines and I am in Canada as a Canadian Citizen. And we would like to have our honeymoon in Canada. And I would like him to fly with me back to Canada after the wedding. We cannot apply through visiting a family as we will start our application on July 2022 and we are not married yet. So the only option is too apply him as a tourist but is it possible that he could get a longer visa duration?
Whether there is a big chance of approval will depend on his overall profile.

Being married to a Canadian generally decreases the chances of approval.

The chances of approval will increase if he can show strong ties to his home country such as employment, property ownership and other assets. His chances will also increase if he has previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wpuld worry about getting approval first.