+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa (visiting friend) from India

zarakhan92

Nov 10, 2021
I have a friend in Canada who is a PR. I want to visit him. Does he need to get a letter of invitation taken out from his office. Also what documents can we submit for "proof of relationship". I'm a PhD student in India, so how much funds should I show in my account? Kindly help me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a friend in Canada who is a PR. I want to visit him. Does he need to get a letter of invitation taken out from his office. Also what documents can we submit for "proof of relationship". I'm a PhD student in India, so how much funds should I show in my account? Kindly help me
The visitor should get proof that they have authorized leave. Not sure if you have teaching commitments while doing your PhD. The person in Canada doesn’t need to provide anything from their employer. Other than an invitation letter, all documents needed are for the potential visitor. Proof of funds, property ownership and assessment if you own property, proof of ties to your home country to prove that you need to return to India, etc. are all things you must include. There is no exact amount when it comes to funds.