+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISIT VISA - HOW MANY MONTHS FOR PROCESS PLEASE ADVISE

Oct 21, 2012
Hi, I am new to this site.....i have a canadian boyfriend of 7 months and he will be visiting me next January 2013,, my question is how long will it take for a visit visa processing? Can we get married in the Philippines ? I am separated from my ex husband for 27 years now without any communication at all ever since he left me... is my marriage still valid??

Need your advice...

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Here are estimated processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Unless you have gotten your marriage annulled or had a divorce, you're still married. I don't know the rules outside Canada, but if you get married without getting divorced or an annullment first, you will commit bigamy, which is a crime and your second marriage will not be considered valid.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I don't know a lot of immigration from the Phillipines, but from what I understand, divorce isn't legal there?

A few ideas to explore:

Common-law sponsorship - this would require you and your boyfriend to live together for one full year before applying. Most likely, he would need to live in the Phillipines as a TRV for a year to visit your boyfriend would most likely get denied.

Conjugal sponsorship - research this thoroughly and consider hiring a lawyer before you do this. The success rate is 1% - 2%.

Study permit - if you would like to consider going to a Canadian university, this option is available. It would allow you to live with your boyfriend so you can apply as Common-law AND obtain Canadian credentials.

Work permit - this would be about as difficult as the Conjugal sponsorship unless you have training or full time nanny experience. Pinay are preferred in many parts of Canada as nannies. Your country has a great reputation for producing quality childcare :) After two years working as a live-in nanny (you cannot live with your boyfriend, but "visit" on your days off) you could apply to stay in Canada in the Experience class. If you're interested in the Live-in Caregiver program, let me know and I'll give you more information. My sister-in-law is a nanny from Thailand, so I know a decent bit about it.

Another thing you can do is talk to some of Pinoys on the forum. You can post in Tagalog in the threads too :) Try this one and ask their opinions as they will know a lot more options for a Pinay than Gringa over here :D

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/march-2012-applicants-manila-visa-office-t97667.0.html