+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa got rejected?!

ZYSHAQ

Jan 17, 2019
Hello,
I applied for a candian temporary stay/visit visa for tourism and got my application rejected; which I am fine with. I would reapply, however, I am unsure how could I provide sufficient information.

Below are the reasons and what I illustrated:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.What should I provide regarding this?
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. Other than my financial statement, I believe this is to prove my financial ties with my current country of residence? (Property ownership for example?) what other form of documents that can assist me on this.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. I attached a copy of my valid us visa (it expired literally yesterday) and I attached my 2014 UK study visa. What else could be useful for this field?

Last edited:

ZYSHAQ

Jan 17, 2019
• i only went to europe and usa during the last 4 years (other than what’s mentioned)
• i am single
• i earn as much as a qatari citizen (quite good)

ZYSHAQ

Jan 17, 2019
I guess their only concern was that i hold palestinian refugee document :/ I’d rather to be explicity rejected by that rather than make me wonder how my travel history/earnings could be in question

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
• i only went to europe and usa during the last 4 years (other than what’s mentioned)
• i am single
• i earn as much as a qatari citizen (quite good)
They are looking for travel to countries that you require a visa for. Europe would be really good to show. Do you have family in Canada?

You have to not only provide financials, but anything else that ties you to your home country like job, property, family etc. What is your full immigration history? You seem to have applied for (and hold) several different visas.

ZYSHAQ

Jan 17, 2019
• I had 4 schengens issued for the past two years (I’ve been to france around 5 times, spain once, switzerland once) and currently holding a valid schengen visa.
However I did not present those visas since the visa application form requires me to attach (if I have) a valid us visa (which will be expired by the time I reapply ) and any country i lived in for more than 6 months (my uk student visa during 2013-2014 msc).
I just remembered I visited brazil, malaysia and maldvies but also were not included.

• I attached my work letter.

• I hold no property in Qatar, or any other assets. i live with my parents so rent paperwork cannot be included either.

• I have multiple cousins from multiple aunts who immigrated to canada years ago (do i have to include that?) I’m not intending to visit them though so I would not claim I’d be staying at their place either. I understand this part could have had me rejected maybe.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yes you should have included your schengens. These are important to show you can get a visa to other countries. Mention them in your SOP. Did you mention why you were wanting visa in your SOP? I know this is silly but if you had any plans to go sightseeing to certain places, include that too. Alsi how long were you wanting to stay and where were you flying into.

ZYSHAQ

Jan 17, 2019
Oh okay I see.
I was staying for 10 days, to visit Montreal, Toronto and Ottowa. TBH i did not have a certain plan other than visiting friends and exploring the city. I cannot afford paying for my travel plan in advance if it’s likely to be rejected.

Btw, last year i had to cancel a visa to australia. Would that appear? The visa process took longer than usual.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If you cancelled a visa its ok, but if you were refused any visa (anywhere in the world), you have to mention it. You will have to click yes in thd application now because you have been refused the first time. Well just write your plans in your SOP then. 10 days is ok for a vacation. How much canadian money did you show for your trip? If you have a hotel reservation (just a reservation) you should include that. Sorry to pry, but these details are important

ZYSHAQ

Jan 17, 2019
Its fine, I appreciate the help.
• I went through my emails and the australian embassy confirmed “withdrawing” my application based on my request (due to intended date of arrival has been passed and my purpose of travel was no longer valid). So no rejection.
• I had at least over CAD 100K (how much exactly is private) in bank.
• I had a hotel resevation with double tree attached to the application.

To be honest I cannot afford the risk of getting another canadian visa rejected as now I have to explain it in every visa application I go for .

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I got refused a study Visa which was the college fault. I need to put that into every application i do now. If you wrute a good SOP explaining my points you should be fine, but may be worth your while to apply for CAIPS notes. These take about a month, but they give a detailed explanation of why you were refused *not just one line.

Reactions: ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Jan 17, 2019
Ugh... that’s awuful.
I think people who travel much eventually get rejected . But yes, I truly appreciate informing me about CAIPS notes; I just was frustrated where did I go wrong with my application.

Reactions: russ6970