+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa for family (Urgent attention Needed)

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hello Everyone,

So I have been granted a three years PGWP and currently I am back in Pakistan and did apply for it from only . I would like to take my wife and son of 1 year along with me to Canada .
I do believe there are two ways to go about this .
The easier way is to apply for my wife OWP but for that I have to be employed hence that's out of the equation.
The second option I have is to apply for their visit visa . I do have a strong bank statement to support their expenses while there as well could show a letter of employment for my wife and school admission letter for my son as strong ties back home .

I do understand CIC would probably not consider that as good reason to come back and hence would be writing a letter or explanation to them as well .
The advise I would be needing is to be honest with them and tell them that they would accompany me to Canada and then apply for an extension of their visa if granted otherwise we all would return back home or would it be easier to just state that they would accompany me there and come back after a few months for my son"s school and wife job ?

What would the seniors recommend would be a better way to go about this to hopefully get their visit visa ?

Thankyou everyone

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

So I have been granted a three years PGWP and currently I am back in Pakistan and did apply for it from only . I would like to take my wife and son of 1 year along with me to Canada .
The easier way is to apply for my wife OWP but for that I have to be employed hence that's out of the equation.
The second option I have is to apply for their visit visa . I do have a strong bank statement to support their expenses while there as well could show a letter of employment for my wife and school admission letter for my son as strong ties back home .

I do understand CIC would probably not consider that as good reason to come back and hence would be writing a letter or explanation to them as well .
The advise I would be needing is to be honest with them and tell them that they would accompany me to Canada and then apply for an extension of their visa if granted otherwise we all would return back home or would it be easier to just state that they would accompany me there and come back after a few months for my son"s school and wife job ?

What would the seniors recommend would be a better way to go about this to hopefully get their visit visa ?

Thankyou everyone
Getting TRV for spouse n family in such scenerio where main applicant is PR or citizen is very rare .. unless they have very good travel history ..
IMO ..you shud land first .. and then later apply for your spouse OWP and TRv for your kid..

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Thanks for the reply man . I am not a citizen nor a PR . I just have a three years post graduate work permit which I got after doing 4 years of schooling there .

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply man . I am not a citizen nor a PR . I just have a three years post graduate work permit which I got after doing 4 years of schooling there .
Yeah still chances of getting TRV is very low ..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Quite honestly, IMO, the chances of TRV approvals are low to nil for your wife and son given their present circumstances.

Have you tried to find a job?

The second option I have is to apply for their visit visa . I do have a strong bank statement to support their expenses
Currently, you don't have strong ties in Canada (Read: No employment).

while there as well could show a letter of employment for my wife and school admission letter for my son as strong ties back home .
Since how long has your wife been working?

I'm pretty sure the admission letter for your son will not work. He's only one year old. Do schools accept children who are so young (even pre-schools)?

Even if your son was older/studying in junior grades, his study ties would not have been considered as strong.

The advise I would be needing is to be honest with them and tell them that they would accompany me to Canada and then apply for an extension of their visa if granted otherwise we all would return back home
This is guaranteed to backfire and result in sure-shot TRV refusals. As a visitor, their visit must be short and finite.

By stating that they intend to extend their stay once the 6 months is up, confirms they are not visitors + confirms your wife's employment ties are not strong

Cheers

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Thankyou Bryanna for all your valuable feedback . Appreciate everything you said and logically it all makes sense and the chances are next to nil unless my lucky stars are shining on me .

Could you kindly guide me how to tackle such a case and make this application stronger so atleast I could say I tried it once with all my night . I cannot leave my family back for some personal reasons and hence if they don't get the TRV I would probably not end up going back

Lastly do you think a letter from the Honorary counsellor general of Canada would help in any way .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lastly do you think a letter from the Honorary counsellor general of Canada would help in any way .
No - it won't help at all.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Could you kindly guide me how to tackle such a case and make this application stronger so atleast I could say I tried it once with all my night .
If you'd like to give it one shot (and your best one at that), I would suggest:
1. Your wife must apply for a TRV after you return to Canada, not when you're in Pakistan.

2. You must find a job/work for a few months before she applies

3. As insensitive as it might sound, your wife must apply alone without your son. This would make her application stronger because your young son is the family tie she must return to.

4. You need to post more details about your wife's situation: How long has she been employed? What documents does she intend to submit? Does she live with any family members who are dependent on her? Has she traveled to visa-required countries? Does she own property/land? Does she have any family/work commitment which she must return to by a specific date?

I cannot leave my family back for some personal reasons and hence if they don't get the TRV I would probably not end up going back
My suggestion is you shouldn't give it all up (i.e. your pathway for immigrating to Canada) and possibly regret it later. Do try to find a job + try to cross any obstacles as they come. Just my two cents. It's your personal decision, of course

Reactions: scylla