+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit US from Canada on H1

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
HI All,

I received my PR recently and also, recently got my H1B Visa(Stamped). Due to personal reasons I am unable to join the organization in US. However, I would like to check If I can travel to US and Visit my family like a Visitor on H1B. I am looking for an option to visit US during the holidays and Come back to Canada in 2 weeks time.

Regards,
Andy

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
HI All,

I received my PR recently and also, recently got my H1B Visa(Stamped). Due to personal reasons I am unable to join the organization in US. However, I would like to check If I can travel to US and Visit my family like a Visitor on H1B. I am looking for an option to visit US during the holidays and Come back to Canada in 2 weeks time.

Regards,
Andy
Your scenario is not clear. Did you move to Canada recently or have been staying here for a while. ?

If you are still working for the US based company and have all the related documents to provide when asked during entry then you are good to travel as a visitor as the borders have been opened up now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI All,

Regards,
Andy
You can certainly run into issues at the border if you are entering on H1B but aren’t working for the employer associated with your H1B. You should really be travelling on a B1/B2. Impossible to predict what will happen it really depends on if you are asked about your current employer.