+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visas for siblings for my wedding

Leo2314

Jan 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen and have been living here for 9 years. In September 2021, my fiance and I are planning to get married and I would like to invite my family to come visit me. My family is from Albania, and my dad still lives there, however, both of my brothers are on a working visa in Germany (one has been there for 3 years and the other one for just over a year).

They will both be part of the wedding party and it would mean so much to me if they were here as I do not have any family in Canada. My younger brother was on a visitor's visa here in Canada in 2017 and he applied for a student visa as well (after being accepted in a college), however, the embassy did not approve his student visa. He returned to Albanian within his visa limit.

I am now worried that because back in 2017 they refused his student visa, they would refuse them again. I am not sure what the success rate is for siblings visas for a wedding, but they will both be groomsmen and they are also very close to my fiance. I have pics from our visits back home in the past and the close relationship we have. I will also be doing my father's visa application (my mother passed in 2018), but I have faith his will be easier as they rarely reject parent visas.

Any recommendations on what would strengthen my application and convince the embassy that they won't overstay their visas, especially since they are already living and working in Germany. Also, because of COVID, should I wait to do the application in Spring or early Summer?

Thank you so much :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen and have been living here for 9 years. In September 2021, my fiance and I are planning to get married and I would like to invite my family to come visit me. My family is from Albania, and my dad still lives there, however, both of my brothers are on a working visa in Germany (one has been there for 3 years and the other one for just over a year).

They will both be part of the wedding party and it would mean so much to me if they were here as I do not have any family in Canada. My younger brother was on a visitor's visa here in Canada in 2017 and he applied for a student visa as well (after being accepted in a college), however, the embassy did not approve his student visa. He returned to Albanian within his visa limit.

I am now worried that because back in 2017 they refused his student visa, they would refuse them again. I am not sure what the success rate is for siblings visas for a wedding, but they will both be groomsmen and they are also very close to my fiance. I have pics from our visits back home in the past and the close relationship we have. I will also be doing my father's visa application (my mother passed in 2018), but I have faith his will be easier as they rarely reject parent visas.

Any recommendations on what would strengthen my application and convince the embassy that they won't overstay their visas, especially since they are already living and working in Germany. Also, because of COVID, should I wait to do the application in Spring or early Summer?

Thank you so much :)
Would suggest waiting until the early spring or late winter to apply and hope the situation in the world is a bit better. Depending on where you live in Canada weddings are not allowed unless you only have a few invited guests.