+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa to Canada

Frangji

May 26, 2022
Hi,

I want to invite my mother to Canada. I have questions regarding her application.

Purpose of travel tab in the application: it is mentioned ticket. I cannot buy a ticket without having a visa. What else can I provide? It is not her first time visiting Canada.

Proof of relationship. The family certificates I took for my mother has only her name on it since both me and my sister are married and our name does not show on the certificate. Can I just provide that and her birth certificate? Would that be enough? What else can I provide to show proof of relationship? Can I write a letter?

Legal representative form. The website says she does not have to sign the forms for her application. There is a place where I have to sign. Do I have so sign or just writing my name o the form would be enough.

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I want to invite my mother to Canada. I have questions regarding her application.

Purpose of travel tab in the application: it is mentioned ticket. I cannot buy a ticket without having a visa. What else can I provide? It is not her first time visiting Canada.

Proof of relationship. The family certificates I took for my mother has only her name on it since both me and my sister are married and our name does not show on the certificate. Can I just provide that and her birth certificate? Would that be enough? What else can I provide to show proof of relationship? Can I write a letter?

Legal representative form. The website says she does not have to sign the forms for her application. There is a place where I have to sign. Do I have so sign or just writing my name o the form would be enough.

Thank you!
Do not buy a ticket until you get a VISA. IRCC even specifies that people should not buy a ticket until they have an approved visa. They ask for an intinerary which you can get off any travel or airline website. Specify what flight you would take to reach Canada and what flight you would take to leave Canada.

In terms of proof of relationship if your mother’s name is stated on your birth certificate or passport that should be sufficient.

If you are acting as her representative then there are certain forms that you can fill out. Usually her signature is still needed if she is a competent adult. would suggest reading the instruction manual carefully.

Frangji

May 26, 2022
Thank you! How can I get an itinerary from the travel companies website. They ask for payment. Do I copy and paste Ina word document? I cannot get a pdf without paying for it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you! How can I get an itinerary from the travel companies website. They ask for payment. Do I copy and paste Ina word document? I cannot get a pdf without paying for it.
Don’t pay for it just copy the flight information.