+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Renewal whilst within Canada?

Sycrid

Oct 9, 2010
Hiya,

I'm just wondering about this, and what I'm interested in knowing is can I renew my visa whilst I'm within Canada, and I know you're likely to say yes, but I'm currently on a Student/Work visa which permits me 12 months in Canada, and I'm wanting this to be switched to just a Work visa, so that I may extend my stay.

If I can, how many months before my current visa expires should I apply for this new visa, and will it cost me a large amount of finance?

Last question, whilst I am in the process of applying for this new visa, would there be a problem with me trying to locate a new job and moving to another city? I'm curious because the my girlfriend is wanting to move cities and well the timeframe given leaves little room for me to stay in one location and renew my visa, also I don't wish to mess the application up and end up having to return home (the UK), when I'm falling in love with this country.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks guys.
Sycrid

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
To get just a work visa, you need a job offer and LMO. The Company employing you has to apply to Service Canada for the LMO, after advertising the job locally and Nationally for a minimum of 2 weeks and not have any suitable Canadian apply.

I believe your current work visa is locked into your student visa and therefore you are unable to work without studying.

Seniors on this forum may have better information. Try researching on the CIC website.