+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused Twice By Applying From A Country Other Than Origin:

mxkky

Feb 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is my second home, considering that I’ve lived here since we moved back when I was 4. I applied for my study permit back in November of 2021 and it got refused on these grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

So, I applied on January of this year in hopes that my permit would be approved this time around considering I answered to all the VO’s previous concerns. However, on Friday the 3rd of February I sadly received the news that my study permit has been refused for the second time now. The refusal was based on the following grounds:

• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence.

• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

I have ordered the GCMS notes this time around and until they arrive, I would humbly request you guys to help me understand these reasons. I have zero clue as to what the first reason refers to. Does the VO mean that I am illegally living in another country? Anyways, the second and third reasons are the cause of my stress right now.

Despite me mentioning and making it crystal clear in my LOA that after my studies I plan on returning to India rather than my current country of residence (i.e., Saudi Arabia) the VO has mentioned “limited employment possibilities in your country of residence.” I had clearly mentioned in my LOA that after my studies I have nothing of a reason left to return to Saudi Arabia yet the VO is concerned about the job opportunities in Saudi Arabia (i.e., my current country of residence)?

As for the third reason, I had attached our real estate asset certificates, GIC, almost 1 year of tuition fees and bank statements of my father’s Saudi Arabian bank account in my financials which were more than enough to satisfy proof of funds despite all of that the VO declared the third reason?

I am in a real stressful situation right now as my university is no longer offering my courses online for my degree as the remaining ones that I have for my first year completion are only offered on campus. And because of this reason I did not attend my Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 semester. Now my university has warned me that if I do not take a course in the upcoming Spring semester I would be expelled and would have to take readmission.

In light of the refusal reasons, I have found that it is not advised for a person to apply for study permit from another country other than their origin. Which is why I am considering applying directly from India in my third attempt, but that is a last resort.

I’d really appreciate those with experience in this matter and the ones similar to mine to reply to my concerns, thank you very much.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Does the VO mean that I am illegally living in another country?

No, not illegal. Just not a citizen. Especially with the trends of people with similar backgrounds. Which in their eyes, unfairly or not, makes you more likely to want to stay in Canada.

Despite me mentioning and making it crystal clear in my LOA that after my studies I plan on returning to India rather than my current country of residence (i.e., Saudi Arabia) the VO has mentioned “limited employment possibilities in your country of residence.” I had clearly mentioned in my LOA that after my studies I have nothing of a reason left to return to Saudi Arabia yet the VO is concerned about the job opportunities in Saudi Arabia (i.e., my current country of residence)?

Letters pretty much have no bearing in an application. It’s up to the officer if they want to consider it or not. They look at cold hard facts like your immigration status, travel history, family composition, age, career, etc.

mxkky

Feb 5, 2023
No, not illegal. Just not a citizen. Especially with the trends of people with similar backgrounds. Which in their eyes, unfairly or not, makes you more likely to want to stay in Canada.
Thank you for the response. That does make sense. So applying from my home country should satisfy the first reason right?

Letters pretty much have no bearing in an application. It’s up to the officer if they want to consider it or not. They look at cold hard facts like your immigration status, travel history, family composition, age, career, etc.
As for the second reason, should I provide results of Lindelin search with the filters set to my desired profession and country set to India? As of me writing this reply, there are over 65,000+ job listings available.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The big issue is that you have minimal connection to India if you have lived in KSA since you were 4 so b it is hard to convince IRCC that you will live there even if your family lives in KSA. Unfortunately starting your studies online without a study permit was a huge risk. You will also end up with an issue qualifying for PGWP because you won’t have continuous full-time studies

baryonix

May 21, 2019
The reason the officer gave is very silly in my opinion. People work outside of the country of birth all the time, as long as they have legal status there, then that shouldn't be viewed as a problem.
In my case, I lived in another country that is not my nationality for almost half my life before I applied for a Study Permit, also from that country. I had no problem, I even requested GCMS note after I got the approval, to see that they checked my current employment, and my target university offer, that's it

Nemerj19

Sep 4, 2021
Most likely if your father’s job is going to get saudized soon or under saudization then its very hard to convince them. Thats why they’ve mentioned about the immigration status.

MK1991

Jun 19, 2023
Hi brother,
I too got the exact same reasons as yours. Can you please let me know what you got to know from the GCMS notes you applied? And did you applied the third time from India? If you did, then was it approved?

Falguni07

Sep 3, 2023
Hello, MXkky,

Could you please advice what is your GCMS note saying?

Hello everyone,

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is my second home, considering that I’ve lived here since we moved back when I was 4. I applied for my study permit back in November of 2021 and it got refused on these grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

So, I applied on January of this year in hopes that my permit would be approved this time around considering I answered to all the VO’s previous concerns. However, on Friday the 3rd of February I sadly received the news that my study permit has been refused for the second time now. The refusal was based on the following grounds:

• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence.

• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

I have ordered the GCMS notes this time around and until they arrive, I would humbly request you guys to help me understand these reasons. I have zero clue as to what the first reason refers to. Does the VO mean that I am illegally living in another country? Anyways, the second and third reasons are the cause of my stress right now.

As for the third reason, I had attached our real estate asset certificates, GIC, almost 1 year of tuition fees and bank statements of my father’s Saudi Arabian bank account in my financials which were more than enough to satisfy proof of funds despite all of that the VO declared the third reason?

I am in a real stressful situation right now as my university is no longer offering my courses online for my degree as the remaining ones that I have for my first year completion are only offered on campus. And because of this reason I did not attend my Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 semester. Now my university has warned me that if I do not take a course in the upcoming Spring semester I would be expelled and would have to take readmission.

In light of the refusal reasons, I have found that it is not advised for a person to apply for study permit from another country other than their origin. Which is why I am considering applying directly from India in my third attempt, but that is a last resort.

I’d really appreciate those with experience in this matter and the ones similar to mine to reply to my concerns, thank you very much.