+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused, Allegations made by embassy, Need Suggestion for Reapply.

Afaq Ahmad

Apr 22, 2017
Dear All Team Members,

I got refusal letter from embassy on the basis of below allegations. Now i need your suggestion in order to reapply my case. My trip was official business tour which was sponsored by my Employer to attend a conference in Vancouver.

Allegations:
1- Travel History
(I only visited Dubai once, so what would be the best response to this allegation?).
2- Family Ties in your resident country and in Canada (I attached the Family Information form).
3- Purpose of Travel (Well I attached invitation letter from Canadian Company "Date mentioned on the letter was 12th June to 30th June" to attend the conference, also I attached sponsorship letter from my employer and all the related docs from my employer, provisional booking of hotel and air ticket).

Now the conference is finished as its for only 4-5 days held in Vancouver. Now is it possible to reapply on the same invitation letter and provide all the answers to their allegations properly. Because i think these are all false reasons to reject my application except travel history (which is answerable).

I am going to reapply my case in coming week in which i need your suggestions and positive response.

Thanks. :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
2. This probably means you have family in Canada or in your resident country. Is this the case?

Uhm, if the conference is over, pretty sure it's a bad idea to use the same invitation letter to reapply.

Afaq Ahmad

Apr 22, 2017
There is no reason for you to apply again
Why? I don't understand it. My lawyer told me that we can play on these allegations. If we provide the answers of the reasons then maybe they can give the visa. Also he told me in Canada case they only even provide you visa if the invitation date passed but you have to provide all the answers of their allegations.
So what do you think???

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3) perhaps work is involved in the name of conference.

There is no reason to reapply because the conference was over.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1- Travel History (I only visited Dubai once, so what would be the best response to this allegation?).
Your previous travel history does not include visits abroad to attend conferences or for business meetings. That's why the visa officer has refused you on this ground.

2- Family Ties in your resident country and in Canada (I attached the Family Information form).
You have more immediate family members who reside in Canada as compared to those in your home country.

3- Purpose of Travel
The visa officer was not convinced that you are a genuine business visitor and/or that you genuinely intended to attend a conference.

IMO, there could be several reasons for this refusal: Perhaps, your current work responsibilities do not justify attending this conference.... or if you were genuinely attending a conference then why would you submit an invitation letter from a Canadian company (because other conference registration documents would have been adequate proof).... or if you were attending a conference of 4-5 days then why would you want to visit for nearly three weeks?, etc etc

I suggest you do NOT reapply until you can prove that you are a genuine business visitor or a tourist. If you reapply soon it would indicate that you are desperate to visit for a different purpose than what you've stated