+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA READY

robkinsella

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
I got an email from CIC asking me to send in a copy of my passport and provide two photographs.

They also said that:

Your permanent resident visa will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. If your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date, the visa will expire on the earlier date.

Its been over a year now, so does that mean that I will need to do another? They have not asked me to.

Thanks

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
They may still conceivably ask you to redo the medicals, but they may also have extended the validity for another year. CIC has the option of doing this when the medicals are not too old (< 15 months) and they are the only thing otherwise stopping the visa from being issued.

egbarr83

Mar 14, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
robkinsella said:
I got an email from CIC asking me to send in a copy of my passport and provide two photographs.

They also said that:

Your permanent resident visa will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. If your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date, the visa will expire on the earlier date.

Its been over a year now, so does that mean that I will need to do another? They have not asked me to.

Thanks
I received the same request... My experience: In the first e-mail request received July 4, they didn't attach the Appendix 'B' form that needed to go with it and they had a travel by dated for May 2015! When I e-mailed them back about the missing attachment and wrong travel by date they apologized and sent an updated letter with an extended date to travel until March 2016. Our medicals would of been expired May 2015, so they had extended ours.
Previous to receiving the updated e-mail/letter we called up two CIC agents, and they basically said that if we were receiving a passport copy request then 'obviously' they will extend our medicals.. not so obvious to us.. but ya.. Hope this helps!

Reactions: allelseistaken