+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA processing time for Indian National , Applied from USA Online ?

diptanjan1178

Feb 27, 2015
Hi all,,
Yesterday I submitted my documents online in CIC website for a temporary resident visa to visit Canada, I am in United states of America and staying near washington DC. I am on a study permit in USA and I am from India , Can anybody tell me which visa center my application will go to? as the processing times in New york is 41 days, LA is 27 day and Ottawa is 14 days . I am really confused how much time it will take to get my visa or any update . Because as of now I really dont know where my application will go and leaving me in a confused state. In between I wanted to travel inside USA , but if they ask for my passport , i will be stuck at a place , because I dont have any other ID as of now.
Thanks

akoyama

May 1, 2015
Hi diptanjan1178,

Can you tell me if you got the Canadian visa after applying online from the USA?

I am in the same situation as you were; I am from Japan living in the US on a visiting student visa. My online application was received by CIC on April 2 2015. One month has passed, but no response from them.

I made a number of phone calls to CIC as well as application processing centers in LA and NY, but could not get any useful answer. I started regretting that I applied online now.

I appreciate it if you can answer my question.

Thank you.