+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa options

Idalia

Oct 8, 2021
Hi!

We’re family from Europe currently living in Australia, planning to apply for PR in Canada through Express Entry.

My fiancé is working as a subcontractor in construction field, 6 years of experience in the area which has quite a lot of job offers in Canada. Highest education level- diploma (Australian vocational school).

I’m finishing my bachelor degree in Business, but have only 2 years of experience in office customer support. Other than that I’ve got 6 years of experience working in hospitality management.

We both have ielts passed (7.5 in each part), we don’t speak French.

What would you say would be the best option to apply. I believe my fiancé would have to secure a job before coming to Canada- is it even possible to do so while in Australia? Or would you suggest other option rather than Express Entry?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!

We’re family from Europe currently living in Australia, planning to apply for PR in Canada through Express Entry.

My fiancé is working as a subcontractor in construction field, 6 years of experience in the area which has quite a lot of job offers in Canada. Highest education level- diploma (Australian vocational school).

I’m finishing my bachelor degree in Business, but have only 2 years of experience in office customer support. Other than that I’ve got 6 years of experience working in hospitality management.

We both have ielts passed (7.5 in each part), we don’t speak French.

What would you say would be the best option to apply. I believe my fiancé would have to secure a job before coming to Canada- is it even possible to do so while in Australia? Or would you suggest other option rather than Express Entry?

Thanks!
Have you determined how many points you have under the Express Entry program? That will determine the feasibility of your plans. You're aiming for 470+ points to be selected. Based on the info you've provided, I expect you won't have enough points based on your level of education and work experience.

You should retake IELTS and achieve a higher score.

Securing a job is generally extremely difficult. I would not count on that being possible unless she is able to somehow secure an open work permit through a program like the IEC / Working Holiday Visa program. You should research this.

You want to be either married or common law before you attempt to move here. Otherwise it will be more difficult and complicated because each of you will have to qualify independently. Common law means you've lived together continuously for at least one full year.