+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa office for TRV

Ghooriha

Jul 31, 2024
Hi,
I'm a non-EU citizen living in Sweden who applied for a visitor visa in June 2023. All Nordic use the London visa office and all have a similar processing time (+200 days). I'm still waiting for my decision.

Now I have three questions:
1. I applied over a year ago and the processing time is around 200 days. I filled out two webforms and I didn't get any responses. My background check is still being processed and the eligibility has not started. It got me thinking: Which processing time should I consider? The current one? Or the one when I applied for the visitor visa in 2023 (back then it was 400 days or so)?

2. My spouse wants to apply for a visitor visa as well. Is it possible to go to another country and give the biometrics (like her home country) for faster processing? Is there a way to change the visa office? Or does it only depend on our current address in Sweden?

3. Can we check which visa office is processing our case? I read online (on a third-party website) that sometimes IRCC sends the application to other visa offices if yours has a long backlog.

I tried to find this information on the forum, and I think the answer to the second question in no, but I just wanted to be sure.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
No matter if you provide your biometric from any other country , the processing office will be based of "Country of REsidence" filled on your application.

Reactions: Ghooriha