+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa for a british citizen living in ireland - please help!

queen*bee

Feb 3, 2011
hi everyone, i'm new here :) not sure if anyone in here can help with my query but i might as well try...basically i've lived in irealnd for the last 18 years but am still a british citizen and am havin great difficulty applyin 4 a 1 year working visa. i signed up for a programme with go4less.ie (an irish visa company) but was told i wasn't eligible due to citizenship...and i've tried to go through the uk visa site but am also bein told there that i don't meet their citizenship requirements, as my address (in ireland) and british nationality aren't matching up. I've talked to people in the canadian and british embassies here in ireland but no joy, everyone seems 2 b sending me on2 someone else! rang citizen's info in the UK yesterday and they passed me on another number but no joy there yet eitha...the canadian embassy in london don't have a number for visa queries so i've emailed them and am still waiting on a reply..gettin so frustrated with the whole thing! :( can someone please help??

thanks in advance (and sorry for the long question!)

any ideas greatly appreciated ;D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=queen*bee link=topic=63500.msg590826#msg590826 date=1296782756]
hi everyone, i'm new here :) not sure if anyone in here can help with my query but i might as well try...basically i've lived in irealnd for the last 18 years but am still a british citizen and am havin great difficulty applyin 4 a 1 year working visa. i signed up for a programme with go4less.ie (an irish visa company) but was told i wasn't eligible due to citizenship...and i've tried to go through the uk visa site but am also bein told there that i don't meet their citizenship requirements, as my address (in ireland) and british nationality aren't matching up. I've talked to people in the canadian and british embassies here in ireland but no joy, everyone seems 2 b sending me on2 someone else! rang citizen's info in the UK yesterday and they passed me on another number but no joy there yet eitha...the canadian embassy in london don't have a number for visa queries so i've emailed them and am still waiting on a reply..gettin so frustrated with the whole thing! :( can someone please help??

thanks in advance (and sorry for the long question!)

any ideas greatly appreciated ;D
[/quote]

I think you are pretty well out of luck, as IEC requires that you be a UK citizen and have resided there for the past 3 years, and for Ireland, you have to be an Irish citizen.