+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa extension/Inland application with OWP/ CIC/ CBSA

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
Hi guys,

I know the question regarding visa extension during inland application was discussed before, but i still want to clarify few things.

We are applying INLAND with OWP (at the same time). Our application will be sent next week. My wife's visitor visa expires at the beginning of November (Nov 9th). Our lawyer says its not necessary to extend visa. She said that even if we don't submit OWP, visa extension is still not needed. ::)

I just want to know where i can find information that states that if you submit OWP, you have implied status. (links from a good sourse would be great).

Another question, if you have "implied status" via OWP and dont get visa extension, is there a chance to have issues with CBSA. We are not planning to travel outside Canada.

For example, if you apply for visa extension and it's denied, can she still stay in Canada during the inland application process?

Thank you very much for your help.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Guapa said:
Hi guys,

I know the question regarding visa extension during inland application was discussed before, but i still want to clarify few things.

We are applying INLAND with OWP (at the same time). Our application will be sent next week. My wife's visitor visa expires at the beginning of November (Nov 9th). Our lawyer says its not necessary to extend visa. She said that even if we don't submit OWP, visa extension is still not needed. ::)

I just want to know where i can find information that states that if you submit OWP, you have implied status. (links from a good sourse would be great).

Another question, if you have "implied status" via OWP and dont get visa extension, is there a chance to have issues with CBSA. We are not planning to travel outside Canada.

For example, if you apply for visa extension and it's denied, can she still stay in Canada during the inland application process?

Thank you very much for your help.
Guapa, I have the same issue. Have you got any information about it?