+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa expiry date is close, can I come back to Canada?

lizziecookies

Aug 22, 2014
I'm an international student in Toronto. I have my study permit and visa. But my visa will expired in a month and I'm now outside of Canada. I will go back to Canada before my visa is expired, and get a new visa then. But some people said that it's possible that the officials might not let me pass through custom since the visa is gonna expired soon. And they tell me to apply for a new visa now. But it is very inconvenient for me to apply right now.

I'm just wondering if anyone have the exact answer that if there's a problem when I go back or not.

Minh0609

Jun 6, 2014
According to the CIC website (which i have read somewhere before but i can't seem to find it), you can so don't worry too much.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

lizziecookies said:
I'm an international student in Toronto. I have my study permit and visa. But my visa will expired in a month and I'm now outside of Canada. I will go back to Canada before my visa is expired, and get a new visa then. But some people said that it's possible that the officials might not let me pass through custom since the visa is gonna expired soon. And they tell me to apply for a new visa now. But it is very inconvenient for me to apply right now.

I'm just wondering if anyone have the exact answer that if there's a problem when I go back or not.

It will be even more inconvenient to stand in front IO with no explanation. Apply in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

J5M said:
Hi,

It will be even more inconvenient to stand in front IO with no explanation. Apply in advance.
Not required, the OP has a valid TRV when s/he returns.

lizziecookies

Aug 22, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

Not required, the OP has a valid TRV when s/he returns.
My study permit is gonna expired in two years. So there is a two-year difference in expiry date between study permit and visa.

So if my visa will expired on Sept.4th, and I enter Canada on Sept. 3rd. Is that okay? (This is an extreme example)

lizziecookies

Aug 22, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

I know:( So I need to know it is okay or not. If it is not okay, I will apply now and maybe change the flight.