+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Expiry Canada - Morocco??

KimBond

May 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard online that when the medical expires is when the visa expires. We can't have them saying to us here is the visa now you have 2 weeks to get to Canada! Should we re-do medical or how does that work??? Thanks so much.

Salam
Kim

peacekeeper

Star Member
Apr 28, 2008
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-29-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2009
yah Visa Expiray Date is = Medical Expiray Date usually

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
redo medical if its close, i know a case that were asked to make flight arrangement for next morning and were unable to so he had to redo medical and waited 6 weeks...shame

was unable to respond to your personal message system wouldn't let me
dont want you to think I just ignored it lol

best of luck

MODIFIYING FOR CLARIFICATION: he was not issued the visa, the embassy called saying if he was able to leave the next day they would issue the visa, he wasn't able to so NO visa was issued, he redid medicals and then was issued visa :)

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi

If I'm not mistaken, you were supposed to notify them that you could not travel before the expiration of the medical date, so they would postpone giving the visa.They would have postponed giving you the Visa until after the results for the new medical was received. They usually ask when calling to pick up your Visa if you are able to travel before the expiration date of the medical , when the date is close. I'm not sure that you can redo the medical just like that after you were already issued the visa. I would call CIC to be absolutely sure. You don't want to have to start this process over again. I believe to have read that the Visa becomes invalid if not landed by the expiration date.

Good luck with everything.

KimBond said:
I heard online that when the medical expires is when the visa expires. We can't have them saying to us here is the visa now you have 2 weeks to get to Canada! Should we re-do medical or how does that work??? Thanks so much.

Salam
Kim

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
the advise that was given was that if the medical is close to expiring then it is best to redo

the embassy does their best to issue visa's before medical expires

at the time of the visa being issued you would be advised that you must enter canada before the medical expires or the date your passport expires which ever comes first,

it would be explained if you dont enter Canada before then the visa expires

for that reason you can opt to redo medical

after the visa has expired then no point in redoing medical you are SOL