+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa expiring, docs not complete

inuyay02

Mar 6, 2009
CIC request me to submit my passport together with the passport of my wife and kid for visa stamp.. but after a month they told me to submit also the passport and birth certificate of our newly born baby.. the problem is that one of the requirment to get a passport for infant is the original passport of parent... can i get my passport from CIC and bring it back after i get the passport of the baby? or is there other solution>? im in real problem since my visa will xpire on aprill 22. pls advise thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

inuyay02 said:
CIC request me to submit my passport together with the passport of my wife and kid for visa stamp.. but after a month they told me to submit also the passport and birth certificate of our newly born baby.. the problem is that one of the requirment to get a passport for infant is the original passport of parent... can i get my passport from CIC and bring it back after i get the passport of the baby? or is there other solution>? im in real problem since my visa will xpire on aprill 22. pls advise thanks
You need to get the passport back, as they will not process the visa without the child's passport.

PMM

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi,
Don't you have a copy (photocopy) of your passport that contain information of your biodata page? Though I don't know which country you are from, but in most places they request for parents passport to ascertain that you are citizen and you are the Father. You may try this option if you have a copy. If that does not work, then you have to find a way to get your passport from CIC. All the best.