+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Approved

Mar 15, 2009
I am sponsoring my husband for PR. We received a letter today stating that "Your application for PR in Canada appears to be ready for visa insurance. . . . Your immigrant visa will be valid until Nov. 22, 2009, assuming that your passport does not expire prior to that date. . . Please submit the valid passports for you and ally accompanying family members included in your application."

My questions are:

1. Does this mean his PR is approved?
2. Will they mail his PR card to us in Canada?
3. How long will that take?

Thanks! The end is in sight . . . .

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

As you received the Passport request with validity date of visa, your husband's PR application is approved. So just submmit it asap. The visa will be valid about 5 months more, you don't have to worry about the time taken for visa stamping and PR card issual because you have plenty of time ahead of it. However everything will be done maximum within 6 to 8 weeks. Good luck

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Congratulations ! I think you were going out of Buffalo right? I think they return it after a week.. How long did it take?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Congratulation...another good news today, that seems to be a blessed week.
They will mail his PR card to the address you give them when you are landing, it takes about 4 week.
Good luck..

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
No there is no income requirement unless the spouse has dependants who have dependants of their own.

Mar 15, 2009
Our time line was as follows:

Submit Application to Sponsor (Mississauga, ON): 30 days. Application for PR forwarded to Buffalo.
Notification from Buffalo that Application is complete and will begin to be processed: 10 weeks.
Notification that application was forwarded to Detroit: 1 week
Notification that interview is not necessary, request for State background check: 1 week
Notification that visa was approved: 1 week

I am a Canadian, my husband (an American) and I met in college, dated 3 years, and have been married for 4 years. We are currently living in the States but have jobs waiting for us in Canada. The case was pretty straight forward and I think this helped speed things along.

I am so grateful for this forum. It was helpful and encouraging, especially at the times I wanted to pull my hair out. Best of luck to each of you, and maybe we'll meet in Canada some day!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
thats an awesome timeline! shows that if its a routine case and straight forward that it can be completed fast! :) Best wishes to you and your husband!