+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Appointment Discrepancy

nash04

May 24, 2023
I have an appointment for NIV at US Consulate in Toronto on 31st May, 2023. I just received an email today stating that my appointment has been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances and it will be rescheduled to some another date. While when I check my application portal, it still shows me 31st May appointment as confirmed. Should I attend the appointment on 31st or should I confirm by contacting them first ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have an appointment for NIV at US Consulate in Toronto on 31st May, 2023. I just received an email today stating that my appointment has been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances and it will be rescheduled to some another date. While when I check my application portal, it still shows me 31st May appointment as confirmed. Should I attend the appointment on 31st or should I confirm by contacting them first ?
You still have 1 week before scheduled appointment, may be system will refresh to reflect cancellation

Reactions: nash04 and canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume the appointment will no longer appear online by the end of the day or by tomorrow morning. If you took time off from work hopefully you’ll be able to contact your employer and say that you no longer need time off. If you had to travel to attend the appointment I would cancel any bookings but would probably double check that the appointment has been cancelled online before cancelling any bookings.

Reactions: nash04

nash04

May 24, 2023
When did you get an appointment for May? I am trying to get something about weeks but there is nothing near by this months
I had booked 31st May appointment last year and that was moved to October, 2023 without stating any proper reasons. If you are trying to book atm, it's very tough as everything is booked for a coming year atleast.