+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Landing Question

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
I’m in a situation where I am having a hard time getting through to IRCC. I applied to sponsor my mom in 2022 and finally received a decision letter on June 20. My mom has been on a visitor's visa in Canada since we applied for her sponsorship.

On the day I received the decision letter, I submitted a web form requesting to initiate the landing process since she is inside Canada, as advised in the letter. The web form was rejected because it was missing information. I resubmitted the web form, and again it was rejected due to a missing attachment. After that, I resubmitted the web form three more times, but it was still rejected with the following response:

“You have reached our dedicated team for individuals affected by the crisis in Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.

We have reviewed your enquiry and determined that it is not related to the crisis in Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.”

In the web form, I clearly chose "Permanent Residency / Parents and Grandparents" and specifically stated that I am only asking for virtual landing. I feel like whoever is viewing the web form at IRCC is automatically classifying the request incorrectly because my mom is a Palestinian refugee, but this has nothing to do with the request. I have tried calling many times without being able to get through to anyone. Is there any other way I can contact them to resolve this issue?

Last edited: