+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vimp: Internship in Canada.... Please reply

sapfan

Jul 16, 2009
I am currently a student in USA doing my Masters. As a part of a program I need to do an internship and I am interested in doing an internship in Canada.

However, I have few questions:

1. I am an international student in USA, I am originally from India and on F1 student visa.

2. I am allowed to work in USA on CPT(Curricular Practical Training) for 11 months.

3. If I get an offer from Canadian company for an internship, is it technically possible for someone who is on F1 international student visa in USA to work as an intern in Canada. And if it is technically possible, how easy or hard it would be to manage work permit that will allow me to work as an intern?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The US and Canada are two different countries so being allowed to work in the US has absolutely no significance for Canada. If you want to work in Canada, you need a work permit. If you were studying in Canada and wanted to do an internship, you would apply here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp but since you are not studying in Canada, I don't know. Maybe just a regular work permit.