+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

very urgent questions!please help!

geometrican

Aug 16, 2012
I sent my passport to Embassy at Detroit to get work permit visa two months ago, and I got email yesterday it's lost during the delivery.

I need to fill in my job position in Canada very soon. I requested a new passport which will arrive in one month.

I got the 'letter of introduction' which has my work permit number from Detroit today by email, they said they can re-issue me a visa after I get the new passport, but it needs 14 days to process. But I can not wait that long time.

1. I decide to enter Canada by applying a visitor visa from New York Embassy by walk-in, and then apply another work permit in Canada. Does this idea work?
2. if I get checked by New York Embassy, can I withdraw my application and get my passport back immediately? Then I can mail to Detroit to re-issue it.
3. if I get checked or rejected, how long do I need to wait until I can apply or re-issue a new visa?

Thanks!

judylopez

Aug 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are chinese applying in USA?

You cannot apply for Work Permit as a Visitor in Canada.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
geometrican said:
I sent my passport to Embassy at Detroit to get work permit visa two months ago, and I got email yesterday it's lost during the delivery.

I need to fill in my job position in Canada very soon. I requested a new passport which will arrive in one month.

I got the 'letter of introduction' which has my work permit number from Detroit today by email, they said they can re-issue me a visa after I get the new passport, but it needs 14 days to process. But I can not wait that long time.

1. I decide to enter Canada by applying a visitor visa from New York Embassy by walk-in, and then apply another work permit in Canada. Does this idea work?
2. if I get checked by New York Embassy, can I withdraw my application and get my passport back immediately? Then I can mail to Detroit to re-issue it.
3. if I get checked or rejected, how long do I need to wait until I can apply or re-issue a new visa?

Thanks!
Hi,

You should apply your passport soon. If you already have "letter of introduction" which means your wp is approved, try to email the embassy in Detroit if you can walk-in to CHC-NYC for visa stamping since you have wp number from Detroit. As far as I know the VO can access your file from Detroit to NYC since they use one computer system outside Canada.

Work permit should be applied outside Canada :)