+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

very confused :(

zelay786

Dec 1, 2010
Hello all,

I am little confused about my sponsarship application i need to clarify some questions. any help would be highly appriciated.

1. our application is outland and its in process (first stage approval has been recived). i am canadian and visiting my spouse on visitor visa (3 months) in his country. when i applied his appli. i mentioned that i am looking for a job which i was. but any how i had to go back to spouse country after i applied. my visa is going to expire in JAN. 2011 and we are thinking to extend it for 1 year as a dependent. Will it affect his PR if i live with him in his country on dependent visa?

2. If i live with him on dependent visa till the all process would they ask us to show the ties in Canada? my parents and siblings live in Canada. I live with my parents in Canada. will this be enough? i have active bank account in canada. Shall i get the letters from my parents and friends to show that i am willing to come back. should i get enrolled in college/uni ?

please help...

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
You can live with your partner outside Canada while the application is in process, it is allowed and will not affect your application. You will have to show intention to return to Canada once it is finalized. You should submit any evidence about your future plans, where are you going to live, what are your plans in the work departement. You can show ties to Canada by accounts held at Canadian financial institutes, if you live with your parents they can confirm it in a letter. If you intend to live with them they can also confirm they know about your relationship and willing to help you with the start. If you search #sponsor outside Canada# on the forum you will find a lots of similar cases as yours with the same advice. Good luck!

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
You can live with your Patner with Dependent visa. But you might be asked to provied proof of intention to reside in canada permanantely after getting PR for you Hubby.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
zelay786 said:
Shall i get the letters from my parents and friends to show that i am willing to come back. should i get enrolled in college/uni ?
If you live with the applicant outside of Canada, you will have to prove that you will come back to Canada when your spouse gets his PR visa. All the evidence you mentioned is good, but you should also try to get a job offer or show proof you are looking for work in Canada. Enrolling in school is also good proof.
Actually living with your spouse during the application process can help your case, since it is good evidence that your relationship is genuine.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
NOBODY mentioned that the sponsor has to be a Canadian citizen in order to be eligible to sponsor a spouse while living outside of Canada. In my experience, when someone mentions that their "parents and siblings live in Canada", they're usually a permanent resident, not a citizen.

zelay786 - if you are a Canadian permanent residence, your application to sponsor your spouse will be refused if you are living outside Canada. You are required to remain in Canada for the duration of processing in order to be an eligible sponsor.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RobsLuv said:
NOBODY mentioned that the sponsor has to be a Canadian citizen in order to be eligible to sponsor a spouse while living outside of Canada. In my experience, when someone mentions that their "parents and siblings live in Canada", they're usually a permanent resident, not a citizen.

zelay786 - if you are a Canadian permanent residence, your application to sponsor your spouse will be refused if you are living outside Canada. You are required to remain in Canada for the duration of processing in order to be an eligible sponsor.
The OP stated that they were a Canadian in their post.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
zelay786 said:
1. our application is outland and its in process (first stage approval has been recived). i am canadian and visiting my spouse on visitor visa (3 months) in his country. when i applied his appli. i mentioned that i am looking for a job which i was. but any how i had to go back to spouse country after i applied. my visa is going to expire in JAN. 2011 and we are thinking to extend it for 1 year as a dependent. Will it affect his PR if i live with him in his country on dependent visa?
hi Robslove, zelay786 did mention that he/she is Canadian....probabi u misssed it :)