+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

vancouver

bc1357

May 4, 2009
hey everyone, i am a 22 year old american who would love to relocate to canada. how is the job market in vancouver bc? is there any demand for people in logistics such as drivers, shippers, recievers, or forklift operators? if so, are there any employers that will hire an experiened american? i have a high school diploma and some college. i've got 4 years experience in logistics. any responses on my chances in this time of economic crisis would be appreciated, thanks.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not really sure how jobs market is currently but I am also checking out the market for when I hopefully move. Check bcjobs.ca or working.com, monster.ca, jobbank.gc.ca - hope it gives you some idea.

I

ImmOfficer

Why Canada? Why Vancouver?

Those are low skill jobs, so NAFTA doesn't apply. You would have to get a Labour Market Opinion first (employer gives you a job offer and applies for this on your behalf). Once you have that, you can apply for the work permit at the port of entry. If you have a criminal record, you should apply to the nearest Canadian Consular office before attempting to come to Canada. It is better to be rejected before spending money on travel.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, as ImmOfficer has pointed out you will need status in Canada; I have given job search sites for if you qualify to be in Canada... :eek:)