+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validation of PR

happee06

Jul 28, 2009
Hi All!

I just want to ask if anyone knows the contact number for PR Validation Office in Edmonton? My friend just got his PR Visa and COPR, they say you don't need to cross the border to exit they can do the interview in Edmonton. Please give us any info about this. Thanks in advance!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, you can't call them. He can either call the CIC regular number and ask about getting a landing appointment or he can go to the office in person and ask them. It's in Canada Place downtown (the copper coloured glass building). Their office is upstairs, he should just ask the guys at information which elevator to take.

Calgary.Mayor

Jul 31, 2009
happee06 said:
Hi All!

I just want to ask if anyone knows the contact number for PR Validation Office in Edmonton? My friend just got his PR Visa and COPR, they say you don't need to cross the border to exit they can do the interview in Edmonton. Please give us any info about this. Thanks in advance!
I would call Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Edmonton office and get all the details. Atleast not at this forum.

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
Calgary mayor,
Is this PNP PR a conditional PR to stay in Alberta, Does it need anyvalidation after some time. What if you get a job offer to plan to go to school in a different state in Canada.
Any idea?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PNP makes you sign a statement saying that you intend to settle in that province. What that means is left up to your interpretation since they don't give you one. I think you would be fine to move to another province after a while. I have never heard about anyone who got in trouble for leaving. That doesn't mean it's not possible, especially if you leave right away and make no attempt to settle. The PR is as real as any other PR. It's not conditional and you do not have to validate it at any point. You can apply for citizenship after 3 years of living in Canada or if you don't, you will need to renew your PR card every 5 years.