+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validation Date

Minh0609

Jun 6, 2014
I applied to extend my study permit a couple of months ago; however due to postal service error the document got lost and for the reason that i have to leave Canada before getting my hand on the actual physical study permit. So i have to get my visa at the immigration office at the airport. Here is the problem, i was running late for my flight so when the agent gave me my new study permit i left immediately without checking it; now that i have time to check it, i notice that i only have one year of validity even though i applied to extend my permit for 4 years. I believe this must be a mistake but don't know what to do. Are there any ways for me to fix this?

nagendrab0

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Minh0609 said:
I applied to extend my study permit a couple of months ago; however due to postal service error the document got lost and for the reason that i have to leave Canada before getting my hand on the actual physical study permit. So i have to get my visa at the immigration office at the airport. Here is the problem, i was running late for my flight so when the agent gave me my new study permit i left immediately without checking it; now that i have time to check it, i notice that i only have one year of validity even though i applied to extend my permit for 4 years. I believe this must be a mistake but don't know what to do. Are there any ways for me to fix this?
Hey, most of the users are new applicants. They aren't aware of rare cases like yours.

Please email CHC stating what happened with your study permit, there might some reason why they gave you only 1 year extension.

If they don't reply you back, re-apply for extension 3-4 months before your VISA expires and I suggest you to apply online (if you reside in Canada, apply online - Study permit extension applications inside canada are processed in 11-15 working days, where as paper based are processed in 35 Working days).

Hope this helps you!