+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validate my CoPR and use AVR

anuom

Jan 21, 2023
Hello,
Sorry if this is a repeated question, I just wanted to know if any one had any recent experience.
I am on a day 1 CPT program, course - MS in project management (my previous course was, MS in CS). My visa expired on July 2022 and my i-20 is valid. I am not very sure about my i-94.
My CoPR expires on March 2nd, 2023. I still have to wrap up a few things here and want to finish my course here.
I would like to get my PR validated before it expires and return to the US using AVR.
I wanted to know if anyone had done this recently and could share their experience or pointers.
Thank you.

ravi1441

Mar 23, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
Hi @anuom did you do a soft landing.? If so, can you explain to me the req docs and how was your experience.?

anuom

Jan 21, 2023
Hi @anuom did you do a soft landing.? If so, can you explain to me the req docs and how was your experience.?
Hello,
Yes, I was able to complete the procedure. I was one of the lucky ones whose PR card process was initiated.

Docs:
You can take the docs that are mentioned on the IRCC website.
What I took with me is,
my passport,
CoPR letter,
Balance summary of my bank account - settlement of funds proof,
Annex “B” Goods to Follow the list,
Annex “A” Goods in Possession - this one I had missed because I was not having any goods with me and I was not moving permanently.

I thought only Annex "B" is applicable to me but I was wrong. The officer was kind enough to print one and fill it out for me.

I rented a car - I saw many posts that recommended renting a car instead of driving your own car.
So, as I crossed the border, he asked me to park my car and go inside the office.
It was early in the morning so there was literally no one there, except for the officers.
I blabbered a bit in the beginning but it went well more than I expected.
(When the officer asked me if I am moving, I said, "Yes, but not really. I am trying to complete the landing procedure but will move later once I secure a job." I regret this. He spoke to a fellow officer and she asked me a few questions. She asked me if I have the goods to follow the list, and I said yes. Then she asked the officer to start the process as I have come prepared with the list and that my intention is to move.)

I felt that the officer who was talking to me was under training and a kind lady officer was guiding him. She asked me if I had an address to where I will move, I said yes and provided the address. She updated the application and told me that she wasn't sure if my signature would be required during delivery, I said ok. I waited till they completed the procedure and then left. But overall it was a really good experience, stress-free.
I got my PR card.

After this, I went to the riverside to take some pictures and then drove down to the service center for the SIN number. Nothing complicated here, you will have to fill out your name and wait to be called. An officer will take you to her cubicle and complete the procedure. Once the procedure is done, you will be given your SIN number. This process was pretty simple.

I am unable to upload pictures but let me know if you need it.

Thank you.

Medini

Mar 15, 2023
Hey @anuom
Thank you for the detailed information.
We're in a somewhat similar situation. How was your experience while returning? What questions were asked or the documents that you provided?
Really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Medini