+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job offer questions

AshwinL

May 26, 2017
I recently created a profile under express entry. I'm under a closed work permit( which is exempt from(LMIA) and got a valid job offer for 1 year from my employer.

My current work permit is exempt from LMIA but still I dint get the additional 50 points? Can anyone pls help me in understanding this? Below are my responses.

Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?

Yes

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

No

Do you have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?

Yes

Is your job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?

Yes

Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Yes

Four digit NOC code of current work permit

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

No

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If i'm not mistaken there should be an answer that goes like this for the last question.

"No, LMIA exempt and work permit employer specific"

That's the option you have to pick.

AshwinL

May 26, 2017
Thank you I did find that option and I have updated. Still the additional 50 points are not added.

I answered 'No' to the below question. Is this a factor to decide additional 50 points? We have only 'Yes'/'No for this question.

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

No

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Just a question, what if I got 6 months experience on a open work permit for the employer and another 6 months on a closed work permit for the same employer, can I claim the 50 points ?? Or it has to be one year fully on the closed wp ?