+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using Letter of Employment of the current non-LMIA Canadian job as Proof Of Fund

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hello,

I am filing my PR application now and have a question regarding the proof of funds. I am working for a Canadian company using my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). This job does not have LMIA so I understand that I have to select NO for the question "Do you have a valid job offer?"

Also, in my Personal History, I also indicate the starting time to the current date as the period of working.

Now, I want to ask my employer for a Letter of Employment stating my salary and start date to support as Proof Of Fund.

May I know if this is ok? Will CIC as for LMIA proof?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am filing my PR application now and have a question regarding the proof of funds. I am working for a Canadian company using my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). This job does not have LMIA so I understand that I have to select NO for the question "Do you have a valid job offer?"

Also, in my Personal History, I also indicate the starting time to the current date as the period of working.

Now, I want to ask my employer for a Letter of Employment stating my salary and start date to support as Proof Of Fund.

May I know if this is ok? Will CIC as for LMIA proof?
Your post is a bit confusing.

If you are submitting your application under CEC, then you don't need to show proof of funds.

If you are submitting your application under FSW, then you need to show proof of funds. You cannot show an employment letter as proof of funds. You must actually have the funds in a bank account.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Your post is a bit confusing.

If you are submitting your application under CEC, then you don't need to show proof of funds.

If you are submitting your application under FSW, then you need to show proof of funds. You cannot show an employment letter as proof of funds. You must actually have the funds in a bank account.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
I'm submitting under the FSW stream (not CEC, I have zero Canadian exp at the moment). I have some funds in my bank account, but it's only a little bit more than the minimum requirement for 1 person (12k). That why I'm wondering if I can add the letter of employment to prove that I can support myself.

But it seems like that's not possible according to the link...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm submitting under the FSW stream (not CEC, I have zero Canadian exp at the moment). I have some funds in my bank account, but it's only a little bit more than the minimum requirement for 1 person (12k). That why I'm wondering if I can add the letter of employment to prove that I can support myself.

But it seems like that's not possible according to the link...
The letter of employment isn't of any help for POF. IRCC will only look at what you have in your bank account. That's all that matters.