+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using joint account for POF in OINP application with spouse non accompanying

maliha iqbal

Feb 29, 2024
hello everybody... please tell me that can i use the joint account for POF while filing OINP application with spouse non accompanying? Although I will add my spouse after getting the nomination. I have read conflicting views over it. Some said that it shouldn't be an issue and I have to create an affidavit stating that I have full access and claim to this account and that my spouse has no issue over it. while some said that I cannot use this joint account as spouse is non accompanying and should get a gift deed. what in your opinion should be the right thing to do? any body who has done this without any issue or are there any success stories where OINP applications got approved with this scenario?

There is another query. If I added my spouse post nomination, I know that we have to inform OINP of this change. But should I first add him and then send an email to OINP or should I first send an email to OINP and wait for their approval and then add my spouse? because OINP takes time to reply and if I receive the ITA in between before OINP could respond then that is going to be another problem. Anybody who has added the spouse post nomination could share their experiences as to how they did it? would be extremely grateful for your responses. Thanks.