+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Usefull Info for USA filing outbound

Mar 21, 2012
I want to post everything we did to help all those filing outbound from USA to Canada.

If you are married to an American and sponsoring your family to move to Canada here is how we proceeded. My Canadian husband had a green card in America for 2 years but we decided we wanted to be close to his family and move our family there. He moved first established a job and a home. We got the FBI checks (took us 2 months) and all medical shortly after he left. Followed all the instructions for Sponsoring a family in Canada and sent all forms, Medical, employment info, and all fees. Step 1 approving his Sponsorship took 93 says. Our file was sent to Buffalo which was closed shortly after. One month later we receive an email from LA office, I have 2 underage children and they requested a No Objection to Immigration Letter from the biological father, we had 30 days to get this to them. Took us 4 days. Regardless they waited the full 30 days to open the file again. Within one day we received an email they requested passports and more Immigration photos. I had that to the LA office within a week. We followed the instructions they gave us and we had PR paperwork to land within 25 days after they requested passports.

I have read this forum every night since we have started our immigration. Very useful info not found easy here.

If you have underage children being sponsored you will need a Notarized "No Objection Letter" from biological father. You only have 30 days to get this or your application is denied.
Send all forms, medical, and fees all at the same time.
Sponsoring your family outside of Canada is far more faster.
My husband and I traveled between USA and Canada during this whole process with no issues at all.
Moving to Canada - You must export your vehicle from USA and Import to Canada. You must contact both countries minimum 72 hours, you have to contact the exact border you are crossing. We are bringing 2 dogs you will need rabies certificate. You can bring used mattresses as part of your importing goods.

From the very beginning to the end it has been one year. Husband moved a year ago by the time we got FBI checks, Medical, and all forms sent in it was Feb of 2012. Step one was approved in May 2012. Our passports were returned with PR papers by Sept 2012. We had no issues at all but everything including medical and fees was sent the first time we sent our application.

It wasn't easy and we all have been waiting for this day for a long time. We should be in Canada in our new home in 1 week.