+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

use WP-EXT to apply for TRV (PGWP is under process)

nxpp99

Sep 15, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my PGWP in June 2024, but it is still under processing. My TRV and study permit have already expired, and I am currently in Canada.
I am planning to leave Canada on October 26. Can I use the WP-EXT letter to apply for a TRV now, or should I leave Canada and apply for a TRV once I receive my PGWP?

Thanks

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my PGWP in June 2024, but it is still under processing. My TRV and study permit have already expired, and I am currently in Canada.
I am planning to leave Canada on October 26. Can I use the WP-EXT letter to apply for a TRV now, or should I leave Canada and apply for a TRV once I receive my PGWP?

Thanks
You should probably wait for PGWP, get a TRV after PGWP is approved, and then travel especially if you are working.
Without approved PGWP, you will have to apply for a visitor visa inland or outland. TRV won't be issued based on WP-EXT. If you are returning through a land border crossing, you may be allowed entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/travel.html