Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my sponsorship application (outland). Everything's been pretty straight forward for me so far except the Use of a Representative document form. On the most recent form, it says that I don't need to hire a representative. It says that I must use this form to appoint a paid or unpaid representative to conduct business with CIC or the CBSA on my behalf.

I don't have a representative, nor do I want to appoint one. So, is it imperative that I fill in this form? If I don't have a representative does it delay the process?

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my sponsorship application (outland). Everything's been pretty straight forward for me so far except the Use of a Representative document form. On the most recent form, it says that I don't need to hire a representative. It says that I must use this form to appoint a paid or unpaid representative to conduct business with CIC or the CBSA on my behalf.

I don't have a representative, nor do I want to appoint one. So, is it imperative that I fill in this form? If I don't have a representative does it delay the process?

Thanks in advance!
Hi

As stated in the guide, that form only applies if you choose to use a representative. Whether use one or not has zero effect on the processing time.