+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Usa Visa interview questions on work permit

MDutt07

Aug 3, 2024
Hii Guys,

I have a USA visa appointment in Toronto during the second week of August. I am a recent graduate currently on a work permit and actively searching for NOC A jobs. In the meantime, I am working at McDonald's to support myself.

My concern is whether the visa officers will ask about my current job during the interview. If they do, is it acceptable to mention my role at McDonald's, or do I need to show experience in a NOC A job? Will my position at McDonald's negatively impact my USA visa interview? Should I consider rescheduling the interview until I secure a more stable job?

I appreciate any guidance or advice you can offer.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hii Guys,

I have a USA visa appointment in Toronto during the second week of August. I am a recent graduate currently on a work permit and actively searching for NOC A jobs. In the meantime, I am working at McDonald's to support myself.

My concern is whether the visa officers will ask about my current job during the interview. If they do, is it acceptable to mention my role at McDonald's, or do I need to show experience in a NOC A job? Will my position at McDonald's negatively impact my USA visa interview? Should I consider rescheduling the interview until I secure a more stable job?

I appreciate any guidance or advice you can offer.

Thanks
You would be better off posting to a US immigration forum like visajourney.

Radmin

Jul 17, 2024
You're wondering if the ask for your current job? Yes they do, I just renewed mine at Vancouver US consulate.