+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA visa from a third country

parth.shah75

Jul 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm on a work permit in Canada with an Indian passport. I booked a USA visitor visa (B1/B2) in Ottawa for October 2025, but I want to travel to the USA in June 2024. Should I apply for a USA visa from a third country like Brazil?

What are the pros and cons? What do I need to take care of?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I'm on a work permit in Canada with an Indian passport. I booked a USA visitor visa (B1/B2) in Ottawa for October 2025, but I want to travel to the USA in June 2024. Should I apply for a USA visa from a third country like Brazil?

What are the pros and cons? What do I need to take care of?
You should look for a USA visa forum for answers, this site deals with Canadian visas. But, are you saying you will travel to Brazil to have an interview? Have you checked the time to get an appointment from there? What does the app form say as to where you can get an interview, does it have to be in the country of where you are residing? From experience, you could check other locations in Canada for interview slots that might be sooner if you are willing to travel there to have the interview.

Reactions: parth.shah75

parth.shah75

Jul 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Sure, will check those forums as well.
I am searching for convenient and affordable travel destinations where I can book a USA visa appointment. I have been checking for visa appointments in all other locations, but they are all fully booked until January 2026 and beyond. I am aware that it is possible to book a visa appointment from any third country that I may be traveling to.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am searching for convenient and affordable travel destinations where I can book a USA visa appointment. I have been checking for visa appointments in all other locations, but they are all fully booked until January 2026 and beyond. I am aware that it is possible to book a visa appointment from any third country that I may be traveling to.
Good luck with your search.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The waitlist seem to be global. Waiting and hoping to get a cancellation in Canada is probably your best option.