+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US born baby

Bear

Jul 18, 2008
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum but have found very useful.
I am originally from oriental region, but currently at US working on my PhD. I (along with my wife) planning to apply for PR in Canada, but we have a 1 year old baby born in USA. Shee is US citizen, and i was wondering what should i do about her application. My questions is can i apply for myself and my wife only for PR right now, and later if our application accepted, take my daughter with us in some other visa (i assume she may not have any problem to get canadian visa to go and live with us later). Or we will be in trouble? Please share your ideas.

Any comments welcome.
Please reply

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
You must include your child in your PR application

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
If your plan is to live and work in Canada, then it is better for your child(ren) to be a PR in canada. medicals, schools and taxes are good reason to do so. US and Canada allow dual citizenship anyways.

It will only cost you $150 extra in application fees. CIC will also require you to disclose your immediate family member even if you are not planning to bring them with you to Canada.

So don't cos any issues for your child(ren). Apply the right way and include your child(ren)

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
if you don't apply now with her on your application, you jeopardize your PR if eventually approved because you provided misrepresentation (told a lie) or conveniently forgot to let them know
secondly, her US citizenship does not automatically grant her PR status meaning you may never be able to file for her again!
My take: its not worth it! put her on the PR application, i know it may increase the funds required but it really is better to be safe now than panic later in life