+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent rprf help!!

sandysue

Apr 27, 2009
application is being processed in detroit.

about a month ago, i submitted my right to permanent residence fee in canadian dollars (490.00) to the "consulate general of canada". This was following the information i received in a letter requesting my medicals.

the other day, i received my request for passport...and it specifies that the RPRF made payable to the consulate general of canada must be in US dollars, while the RPRF in canadian dollars in to be made payable to the 'reciever general of canada'!

what do i do? i have not received the original payment back..?! Does this mean it has gone through without problem?

why oh why are there two different sets of instructions on two different forms..i have both in front of me right now?! i want to send my passport ASAP but i don't want to cause any unecessary delay?

thanks!

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandysue said:
application is being processed in detroit.

about a month ago, i submitted my right to permanent residence fee in canadian dollars (490.00) to the "consulate general of canada". This was following the information i received in a letter requesting my medicals.

the other day, i received my request for passport...and it specifies that the RPRF made payable to the consulate general of canada must be in US dollars, while the RPRF in canadian dollars in to be made payable to the 'reciever general of canada'!

This is my understanding:
If you pay it to the consulate general of Canada, which is in the US, you will have to pay in US Dollars because you will be paying it to the Canadian Consulate in (USA), which is outside Canada.
If you make it payable to the "Receiver General of Canada", then you will have to pay them in Canadian Dollars because the "Receiver General is in Canada". Hope this helps.

what do i do? i have not received the original payment back..?! Does this mean it has gone through without problem?

why oh why are there two different sets of instructions on two different forms..i have both in front of me right now?! i want to send my passport ASAP but i don't want to cause any unecessary delay?

thanks!