+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT ! Re: Procedural fairness

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Hi everyone,
I’m seeing some advice. I wrote a letter of invitation for my partner to visit Canada. It’s been 7months since application and biometrics completed and radio silence. Today he received a message from the visa officer stating, he failed to disclose a previous refusal by the US embassy. I really don’t know what happened it seems to be a genuine oversight, as he did disclose a previous refusal to Canada and provided the details. Since submitting this application he has since been successful at obtaining his US visa, and has travelled to the US and two other counties and has returned home. The officer has stated that he’d like to provide him with the opportunity to response to this information and has given him a time frame in which to do so. My question is, it is enough to say it was genuinely and error/oversight, and perhaps provide updated information on having since obtained his US visa and additional travels? Any insight or advice on how to possibly go about this?

thanks in advanced

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I’m seeing some advice. I wrote a letter of invitation for my partner to visit Canada. It’s been 7months since application and biometrics completed and radio silence. Today he received a message from the visa officer stating, he failed to disclose a previous refusal by the US embassy. I really don’t know what happened it seems to be a genuine oversight, as he did disclose a previous refusal to Canada and provided the details. Since submitting this application he has since been successful at obtaining his US visa, and has travelled to the US and two other counties and has returned home. The officer has stated that he’d like to provide him with the opportunity to response to this information and has given him a time frame in which to do so. My question is, it is enough to say it was genuinely and error/oversight, and perhaps provide updated information on having since obtained his US visa and additional travels? Any insight or advice on how to possibly go about this?

thanks in advanced
You need to apologize for the error and take responsibility for it, and provide all of the details related to the US visa refusal, such as the date and reasons for the refusals. The fact he has since obtained a US visa is irrelevant. The issue is the failure to declare the previous refusal.

Good luck.

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
You need to apologize for the error and take responsibility for it, and provide all of the details related to the US visa refusal, such as the date and reasons for the refusals. The fact he has since obtained a US visa is irrelevant. The issue is the failure to declare the previous refusal.

Good luck.
Thanks so much! I will advise him as such , and hope for the best!