+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT re police clearance certificate translation

brlnap92

Jun 12, 2013
Without getting in to the reasons, I need to submit my application to the CIC processing centre asap, preferably today.

I was just about to courier the package to CIC in Mississauga when I noticed a problem with the translation of the police certificate.

The translator translated the police certificate correctly but (I guess because all other documents were copies of originals except for the police certificate) she translated the notaries stamp incorrectly. Instead she translated the notary stamp that says "I certify that this is a true copy ......". that was used for all my documents (such as birth certificate) where I am sending copies of the originals.

The notary did stamp/certify the translation and the notaries stamp does verify the signature of the translator where the translator says it is a true and correct translation of the police certificate.

The translator has already left for vacation and the notary is gone for the day.

Question

Can I send the original police certificate with the translation to CIC the way it is now? The notary did verify the translators signature. And the translator did sign that the translation is a true translation. The only issue is the incorrect translation of the notaries stamp.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
I would say the chances of there being a problem in this situation are low. I think they'll look at the original certificate to see that it's an original, and not the translation. If necessary, this problem can almost certainly be fixed later, but it might add a few weeks to the process.

I assume the reason you want to get the application in today is some legal requirement related to the date you file, rather than when the application is approved. In that situation, it's almost certainly more important to meet the deadline. I can't imagine that your application would be returned to you over this. At worst, I could imagine a letter saying they need an original police certificate.

By the way, if you're sending your application in a rush, you should probably send it to the courier address rather than the P.O. Box:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

We sent ours to the P.O. Box and they counted the application as being filed one day after Canada Post says they received it (in the morning).