+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent question about timing on the police certificate

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
hi guys,

Need your help for my situation. I was living in China all my life until Dec 20 2009 that I moved to Canada to study and work for the next 6 years. My chinese police certificate was issued to me on July 29, 2015.... 181 days before my AOR ( ITA: Jan 2016, AOR: Jan 26 2016)

Will my chinese police certificate be eligible? I called twice to the call centre but got two different answers. A guy agent told me, its fine as its issued within the past 6 months but later today, a lady agent said, the requirement is 3 months.... ( 3 months... she is confident it is 3 months, how come I remembered its indeed 6 months?)

Which person is right?? What should I do now???

thanks!!!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daomingli said:
hi guys,

Need your help for my situation. I was living in China all my life until Dec 20 2009 that I moved to Canada to study and work for the next 6 years. My chinese police certificate was issued to me on July 29, 2015.... 181 days before my AOR ( ITA: Jan 2016, AOR: Jan 26 2016)

Will my chinese police certificate be eligible? I called twice to the call centre but got two different answers. A guy agent told me, its fine as its issued within the past 6 months but later today, a lady agent said, the requirement is 3 months.... ( 3 months... she is confident it is 3 months, how come I remembered its indeed 6 months?)

Which person is right?? What should I do now???

thanks!!!
6 months validity is for the country you currently live.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
jairichi said:
6 months validity is for the country you currently live.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp

thanks for your reply! So I am fine, right???

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daomingli said:
thanks for your reply! So I am fine, right???
Since your PCC was issued after you left China and you never visited after that it should be valid. Still wait for seniors to comment.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
jairichi said:
Since your PCC was issued after you left China and you never visited after that it should be valid. Still wait for seniors to comment.
He is right, CIC website says "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months."

According to that you are good to use the PCC.