+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT QUERY -- Please help -- Filling forms for wife (added to my application-post AOR stage)

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
As always, many thanks to the group to have guided me in the application process for FSW. I am currently in the AOR stage and I had raised a webform as I got married and wanted to add my wife to the application (as she would be accompanying me)
I have received the update to add the required documents to my application on the portal. I have a long list of questions on the same; please bear with me and I appreciate all help regarding the same:

1) RegardingUpdated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 008 for yourself and your spouse.
Question 1): Does this mean that there will be two forms filled? One that I will fill in and the second she will fill?

Question 2): If two forms are to be filled per the above question; then I have the follow-up question; The request letter mentioned both me (primary applicant) and my wife need to fill imm0008 form. The first ques is “program” and “Category” under which you are applying. For myself, it is “Economic” and “Skilled Worker”, but we’re terribly confused that what should these be for my wife - same as mine, or, “Family” as program and “Spouse” as category? I thought “Family” and “spouse” would be for those who are applying as a spouse of someone who already has a Canadian PR.
Thanks a lot for your detailed responses so far! We have time running against us as we have only 30 days to complete this activity, any help will be highly appreciated!!!

Question 3: The document also clearly asks for the documents to be uploaded in the portal. Now, the portal has some fields that have opened up for form uploads. However, I dont see a field for each and every document that is requested (pls refer image uploaded), for example: the document asking for pictures for marriage; where should that be uploaded? Web form?

Question 4: Form 5406... asks for me and my spouse to both fill it separately. In both the form, I will continue to be the principle applicant and she will be the 'spouse', correct? the only difference will be the parents names etc. PLease confirm this for me.

Also, can we club both the forms; one that is filled by my wife and second by me and upload it as one single document?
If someone has already done this in the past, I would love to know the exact documents that you filled/ your spouse filled and where did you upload them all?