+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Query about name spelling mistake by CIO/CHC.

samirk

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors & friends!

PLZ comment on the following query urgently.

As requested by CHC, Singapore I' ve submitted my passport to CHC, Dhaka at 26/11/2009. But in online status as well as medical document my name spelling showing SAM IR KHAN instead of SAMIR KHAN. Here the only mistake is a space between SAM & IR (SAMIR). What should I do now? Should I contact with CHC, Singapore urgently or considering it as a minor mistake just keep it same right now and after arrival in CANADA take action to correct it. Suppose if I write a mail to them may be it will delay the process.

Here it should be mention that in one envelope I received medical, RPRF and passport request by different letter and I've submitted passport, RPRF to CHC, DHAKA & medical will be reached there tomorrow by DHL. Thanks in advance to all of you.

BR//
Samir

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You should get it corrected with CHC Singapore instead of carrying the "minor" mistake to Canada. It will not be so easy to get name change once the name with error is already entered in the immigration records and Visa. So, it is better to do it now before finalizing your immigration records . You can contact CHC on line ECAS "Case specific Enquiry", which will be faster than any other method.

samirk

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx a lot wilson. I do agree with you. Today I sent a mail to CHC regarding correction of it.

BR//
Samir

samirk

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YES, Today they updated my name in ECAS. So no more worry........ Thanx wilson.