+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Pls: pregnant after DM2, but require a new medical exam

crystalclear752002

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Dear all, please help with my problem if you can. Thanks!

I got DM2 on 31st October 2015 and my medical exam will be expired on 8th December 2015, yes now it is valid. But I got email from CIC reqiring a new medical exam yesterday, and I just found I am pregnant the day before yesterday. So I can not do a new medical exam because of the chest X-ray. What should I do?

Could I write an email to ask for a visa very urgently so that I can land on Canada before my previous medical exam is expired? My husband and my son are ready to live in Canada with me, now they just waiting for my immigrant visa. And we would like the second baby born in Canada. Will it be possible?

Or what other things can we do?

Thanks! We all are in a mess..:(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can certainly write to your visa office with this request. It's impossible for any of us to say if they will accept your request or insist on the second medical. But you can certainly try.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You can certainly write to your visa office with this request. It's impossible for any of us to say if they will accept your request or insist on the second medical. But you can certainly try.
I think what she needs to do is to ask for extension of her previous medicals, medicals can be extended in certain cases, looks like this is one of the appropriate reasons for the extension.

crystalclear752002

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
sashali78, scylla, thanks for your kind reply.

To sashali78, would it be possible for me to ask for an extention for my previous medicals? As far as I know, woman appicants can ask for an extention for the second medicals if pregnant. And should do the second medical with Xray after the baby is born.

Thanks!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystalclear752002 said:
sashali78, scylla, thanks for your kind reply.

To sashali78, would it be possible for me to ask for an extention for my previous medicals? As far as I know, woman appicants can ask for an extention for the second medicals if pregnant. And should do the second medical with Xray after the baby is born.

Thanks!
I think you refer to is the deferral of the Xray inspection after the pregnancy, but i think you would not want that as it will delay your application until you give birth and can complete your second medical exam. What i meant is for you to ask for extension of your 1st medical exam based on your unique circumstances - again, there is no guarantee CIC will agree, but its worth to ask, isn't it?